Monday 25 November 2013

Postcards from Ted #2

"Law Courts & Fleet St., London." Postcard manufactured in Britain. No.21005.

"In the trenches, France, June 29th 1916.

Dear Hilda,
Once again I have the pleasure of writing to you, thanking you for your letter of April 10 and glad to know you are doing famous but sorry to hear that Vera had the misfortune to fall from the Tram but glad to know she's resting.Well I haven't seen Ern for quite a time. I think he must hide. I am always about when out of the trenches. Don't worry about him he is well back been in the Artillery. He will take every precaution. I hope to see you all in the near future. I will now say bye bye for the present. I remain your true friend, Ted.
Hoping to hear from you again soon. A fortnight ago I was in this place."

No comments:

Post a Comment